Dr. Visser is a Diplomate of the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. He, therefore, has two board certifications. He is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Visser has served as President of the St. Louis Podiatric Medical Society 1983-1984. He also served as President of the Missouri Podiatric Medical Association 1985-1988. He also served as an examiner of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Dr Visser has served on the Missouri State Board of Podiatric Medicine where he has been appointed by three governors: Governor Ashcroft 1988-1993, Governor Blunt 2005-2009, 2009-2014, and Governor Nixon in 2014-2021.
Dr. Visser has served as the Director of Residency Training in Foot and Ankle Surgery at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center from 1985 until 2015 when the hospital closed. He was appointed Director of Residency Training in Foot and Ankle Surgery at SSM DePaul Health Center, Bridgeton, MO in 2012. He served as Director of both programs until 2015. He then was appointed sole Director at SSM DePaul. The residency program is a PMSA-RRA certified by the Council of Podiatric Medical Education. He has trained over 100 Podiatric surgeons and he currently has 15 residents under his leadership role.
- InBone I and II
- Prophecy System
- Salto Talaris
- Trabecular Metal TAR
- External Fixation System
- Reconstruction Charcot Neuropathic Foot and Ankle Deformities
Dr. Visser has lectured internationally in the following locations:
- London, England
- Lubek and Munich, Germany
- Budapest, Hungary
- Paris, France
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Florence, Italy
- Scheffaw, Austria
- Bucharest, Romania
- Podiatrist of the Year—1995 Missouri Podiatric Medical Association
- Meritorious Service Award—1997 American Podiatric Medical Association
- This awarded for Dr. Visser’ work solely testifying to the Missouri House of Representatives and Senate concerning passage of the ankle Law in 1996 signed by Governor Carnahan.
- Award given to Dr. Visser for his extensive work and testimony before the Missouri House of Representatives and Senate concerning expanding the scope Of practice to include the ankle. This was signed into law by Governor Carnahan in 1996
- Turner Society 2014 Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio Top Alumnus in Biologic Sciences
- Hall of Fame 2015 Distinguished Member Cardinal High School, Middlefield, Ohio
- Commencement Speaker Cardinal High School, Middlefield, Ohio May 15, 2015
- Hall of Fame—2016 Kent State School of Podiatric Medicine
- Commencement Speaker Kent State School of Podiatric Medicine, Kent, Ohio May 17, 2019
- Distinguished Alumnus Kent State university, Kent, Ohio Most Distinguished Alumnus Who Represents the University
- German Foot and Ankle Society (GFFC) Honorary Member Professor Doctor Honoris Causa Munich, Germany 2016
- Garfield Society—2017 Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio Society represents the most prestigious honor that can be bestowed on an alumnus
- Editor, Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Cavus Foot Deformity Elsiver quarterly publication, July 2021
- Residency Directory, Editor, Chief Surgeon SSM Podiatric Residency “YouTube Surgical Video Series“
- Board of Trustees Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio Elected to six-year term September 22, 2021
He has published these four books
Christian Faith Publishing, 2022
Springer Publishing, New York 2022. Series of 43 Case Studies
Advances in Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases
Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.